Dear Clients and Representatives,
We are celebrating World Antimicrobial Awareness Week (WAAW) (this year from 21st November 2022 to 24 November 2022). The theme for this year’s WAAW is “Preventing antimicrobial resistance together”. During this period, we aim to raise awareness on the overuse of antibiotics in our communities. The Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care and the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission has developed many resources that will help you gain a better understanding of Antimicrobial Resistance.
We have added a list of items for you to read and watch during this time to increase your awareness. Below and/or attached you will find the following-
1. Links to video clips on antimicrobial resistance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J71xQbjIwlQ
2. Link to the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission
Website: Consumer resources on Antimicrobial
How do you participate in this Week?
□ If you choose to, you can wear a blue t-shirt during this period to ‘Go Blue’ for Antimicrobial Awareness week.
□ Watch videos on Antimicrobial Stewardship:
• Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission: Antimicrobial Stewardship
• Australian Commission on Quality and Safety in HealthCare (ACSQHC): Antimicrobial Use & Resistance in Australia Surveillance System
• ACHQSC: What is Antimicrobial Stewardship and how can we prevent it?
□ Get in touch with your GP if you (the client)/ your loved one is on antimicrobials to discuss any queries that you have.