Friday 16th April 2021
In line with recent advice from Australian government health agencies, we are pleased to advise that visiting restrictions within our homes have relaxed in line with most pre-COVID visiting arrangements in place. Please note however, on the advice of the Australian Government Health Department that you should continue to do the following on entry to our homes:
Visitors will need to:
- provide details on their current health status to staff of the residential aged care facility, including evidence of their flu vaccination
- be willing to undergo a screening process before they enter
- wash their hands before entering and upon leaving a resident’s room
- stay 1.5 metres away from residents, where possible
- stay away when unwell.
Evidence of a flu vaccination may be:
- a statement or record from a health practitioner
- an immunisation history statement available from Medicare online
- the Express Plus Medicare mobile app.
Aged care providers must take all reasonable steps to prevent visitors who do not meet entry requirements in their state or territory from entering the facility.
Visitors must not enter the facility at all if they:
- have COVID-19 symptoms – fever (37.5 degrees celsius or higher) or other symptoms of COVID-19
- have been to any close or casual contact locations in NSW, Interstate or New Zealand
- are a close contact of a person with confirmed COVID-19 and are within their self-isolation period
- live in a household with a person who is currently self-isolating
- are waiting for a COVID-19 test result.
It’s recommended that social distancing of 1.5 meters applies, where possible.
Please note that due to the administering of COVID-19 vaccine the following applies:
- Our Kensington Home will not be accepting any non-critical visitors on Saturday 17th April.
- Our Randwick Home will not be accepting any non-critical visitors on Monday 19th April.
For residents leaving the facility for an individual outing, family gathering or group excursion, ensure that:
- residents are guided about COVID-safe behaviours, including practicing physical distancing (1.5m) and hand hygiene,
- the event complies with the current Gathering Restrictions Public Health Order,
- no one at the event:
- has, in the past 14 days, been to any NSW, Interstate or New Zealand locations at the
dates and times listed in the latest COVID-19 case locations web page
- lives in the NSW areas of increased testing
- has been a close contact of a person with confirmed COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- lives in a household with a person who is currently self-isolating
- is waiting for a COVID-19 test result.
Further information can be found at health.gov.au or by calling St Basil’s NSW/ACT on 02 9784 3200.