Join us in supporting the lives of older Australians, and give back to your community
Our dedicated volunteer team is an essential part of our organisation and is treated as part of the broader St Basil’s team.
We have volunteers who are interested in making a positive difference in people’s lives. We cannot achieve what we do without the skills, commitment and dedication of our volunteers.
Do you have time to volunteer?
If you can make the time, we definitely have a volunteering role that’s right for you. Here’s a selection of opportunities available at St Basil’s:
- visiting older Australians in their homes
- offering social support in our customers’ homes, in our residential aged care centres and out and about in the community
- performing music or sharing your creative skills in our residential centres, community day centres and in people’s homes
- assisting in our emergency respite cases
- joining the events team
When you volunteer with St Basil’s you:
- become part of a faith-based organisation
- make a positive difference in people’s lives
- have the satisfaction of giving back to the community
- use your skills, experience and interests to make a difference
- gain practical experience and new skills through training, workshops and support
- develop new friendships and networks
- The total annual hours volunteered is more than 713 million
- The median weekly number of hours volunteered is more than 1.1 hours
- The median annual number of hours volunteered is more than 56 hours
- People who volunteer are more likely to have made a donation than those who are not volunteers (85 per cent compared with 72 per cent).
If you have any questions or would simply like to enquire about joining our team of volunteers, please phone us on 02 9784 3200.